These days laughter tends to come easily in our home. Don't get me wrong, there are moments filled with yelling, fighting, crying...you know normal family stuff, but there is always laughter.
2011 was filled with some real challenges for our family but I will forever remember the laughter. Ironically, after my much thinking in the van and patting myself on the back for laughing more, I looked back to my post last year at this time (Jan. 2011)
and I discovered that my goal was to Laugh for 2011. As with most resolutions....I forgot after a few months...but I reached my goal without even realizing it! Even my kids reported that I laugh more than I used to. I hope to carry this on....even if I forget again!
This year my 2012 goal is also one word.
EMBRACE
I feel as if life is slipping through my fingers as it quickly passes me by. So I want to EMBRACE the MOMENTS in my life....good or bad.
embrace my children
embrace my weaknesses
embrace with acceptance the things I cannot change
embrace doubt
embrace knowledge
embrace friendships
embrace family
embrace God
embrace Jesus Christ
embrace simplicity
embrace adventure
embrace fear
embrace love
embrace challenges
embrace my husband (he likes this one)
EMBRACE LIFE
Along with this, I want to "OWN" my life and everything that comes with it. A couple months ago I read a blog about an individual who was learning how to "OWN the TRIAL". I wrote this down and have been thinking a lot about owning the trials in my life. I tend to be a complainer......So many times I fight against the challenges that come into my life. In 2012 I am going to try to embrace whatever challenges or trials that may creep into my life...come what may!
2011 brought some "AHA" moments when I realized that I can find beauty, love, happiness and joy even when there are trials to be faced.
I am excited for 2012 and all the adventures it will hold for my family and I as we embrace our life together!!!


1 comment:
Rebecca,
This post made me shed tears. I have been thinking a lot about what I want for this year and "Embrace" is one of the words that had been coming to my mind. I usually want to set these really high goals and this year I feel like it is time to accept life as it is and whatever comes. Although, "accept" didn't seem like a positive enough word. :-) I love your description of embrace, especially the part to embrace my weaknesses.
I hope you know how much I admire you. I have loved any chance I have to get to know you. Your kids truly are beautiful, fun and funny. I can't tell you how wonderful the kids' camp was for all 3 of my kids. They felt so much love from your kids, and I know that is a reflection of how they are raised. I hope I get even more of a chance to get to know you. I love your blog. Thanks for helping me understand some of my goals for the year and for my life. :-) Glad to hear you are laughing more.
Post a Comment